Sunday, March 8, 2009

Catch Up

Gaby's Favorite Hangout

Anytime it is quiet and I can't find Gabs, I check the bathrooms first. Here she has filled the red bowl with toilet water and a little toilet paper for some texture.



How Gaby Eats a Cupcake










She did have some help from Ashy this time.




Lily's Fruit Tree


Pretty creative!


Why Gaby Can Only Have Sippy Cups



Ok, this looks self explanatory, but it really was a spectacular mess. After she dumped her juice box on her tray, she pulled her arm out of her sleeve and dipped it repeatedly in the juice. Then she flung in around in a circular motion, splattering juice a quite remarkable distance. The girl has talent.


My Diva


She really fell asleep this way. So cute!




Why I Buy Lipstick in Bulk



Looks like chocolate, huh? No, it is yet another tube of lipstick. Usually she sticks one of her chubby little fingers in the tube and grinds it all the way in. This time she decided to apply it (the whole thing) to her face. She managed to coat everything in my purse with a wonderful glittery coating in the process.




Why My Life Revolves Around Bowel Functions


Ok, so as many of you know, when she was Gaby's age, Lily (age 4), was what I affectionately referred to as a poop digger. She had the ability to, no matter what she was wearing, get her hand in her diaper and pull out a fistfull of poop. Which she then presented to me. This is true. I have witnesses. It continued for several months, and was not a fun phase, as you can imagine. I cried, screamed, yelled and totally lost it on my baby. I had people praying for me. So, you can understand as Gaby neared that age, I was nervous. BUT, Gaby has chosen a different bodily function as her quirky little hobby. She likes to find containers to pee in. She has peed in the wooden step stool, the dog bowl (with and without water in it), a plastic basket, her Dora ride on car, and I have caught her several times with her chubby bottom hovering over the tiny little potty that came with her peepee in the potty doll. This is a picture of Gaby putting her potty seat to some use.




How My Children and Dog Conspire Against Me

Ok, so one of my girls, who shall remain nameless in the hopes she will still speak to me when grown, pooped in the back yard the other evening. Long story. Anyway, (I can sense you are about to judge me) I opted to not pick it up. For one thing, the yard already has dog poop in it, and for another, it is easier to pick up poop when it is dried out. You will soon agree this decision was poorly thought out. Bright and early, Lucy the dog went out to potty. She happened upon the child poop, and ROLLED IN IT. Not just a little. She did the happy-happy-joy-joy-yay-poop! roll in it. SO, I was understandably distracted while gathering bath supplies for dookie dog, and Gaby pushed a chair over to the fish bowl and got the lid off the fish food. I spotted her just in time to prevent her from dumping the whole jar into the bowl, but still had to clean out the fish bowl as Lily screamed that her fish was dying, and bathe the dog out in the yard all before 9am. Sigh.

1 comment: